The information contained on this page appears elsewhere on this website in more detail. The questions and answers provide some shortcuts.
1. Who are your clients?
ABPLAN offered successfully to a variety of clients in these sectors:
• Services sector and especially to independent professionals such as marketers, information technology companies, event organising companies, retailers, engineering companies, designers, consultants, coaches, lawyers, and many others. For a list of about 50 companies ...small and medium-sized companies
• Trusts and public-benefit organisations ...trusts
• Parastatals ... parastatals
• Universities, colleges, academies and training companies ...universities
Nearly all of our current clients are from the services sector while we are delighted to also work with one very effective public-benefit organisation which produces marvelous results.
2. Do you have start-ups as clients?
I have assisted many start-ups in the past but no longer do so. My Built for Results Programme, as ABPLAN's Plan and Accelerate Your Business Programme is also called, is sophisticated and is aimed at established, successful businesses or organisations. The main programme does require some solid prior experience in running a business.
3. What size companies or organisations do you work with?
The size of a company or organisation is not a norm, but its success or results record is. I work with large and medium-sized and even small clients who have track records of successful accomplishments over a number of years.
4. What are typical aimed-for outcomes?
Increasing the bottom line of a client’s businesses by 15% to 30% is not uncommon. Depending on the type of business and the commitment of the owner, a doubling of revenue within a year is within reach - especially for independent service professionals.
Getting more clients for my clients has become a speciality. You should attract not any clients, but Ideal Clients according to your norms. A 30% increase in your client base is reachable if you have a proper Marketing Plan in place and if you understand and practice a tried and tested process of marketing – which I offer.
Please note: My clients are passionately committed, able and action-oriented. My successful Ideal Clients usually have what it takes to move to the next level with facilitation and guidance...ideal client
5. How long does a programme normally take?
• 12 months: My Built for Results /ABPLAN's Plan and Accelerate Your Business Programme runs for 12 months - as this is how long it usually takes to effectively integrate new thinking and establish new patterns of doing.
• Shorter: ABPLAN also runs shorter, very targeted programmes e.g. a Strategic Marketing Programme where a client only wishes to focus on marketing.
• Two days: We also run an intensive two-day workshop which covers a Scenario Conversation and a Balanced Scorecard. The Scenario Conversation ends in a Strategic Plan, containing Mission and Vision statements (and a number of Wildly Important Goals (WIGs)) and a Core Values statement. The second day covers the installation of a Corporate Balanced Scorecard (BSC).
Visit this page for information on our programmes...what we offer.
6. What does your major programme cover?
It covers planning, thorough execution, the running of effective workshops and meetings, marketing, and company culture. My Dear MD letter provides an overview of what to expect. Click on...letter.
7. How is it offered?
By means of workshops, meetings, by actually using newly developed strategic and operational plans, by developing objectives which become central to your doing, and through coaching in groups and in one-on-one sessions.
Assignments are integrated into your actual work to assist you in working more effectively as a team and in delivering outputs which your clients or customers need and expect.
One-on-one coaching is essential as workshops usually only succeed in creating understanding while they are not effective in transferring skills. Personal coaching makes all the difference.
Sessions are supplemented with calls, emails, mind maps and project wikis while ensuring that all participants have access, via Google Docs, Dropbox and through other such programmes, to strategic and operational plans.
8. How is progress assured and tracked?
In a very practical manner, for example, with a Balanced Scorecard (BSC). Everyone lists their objectives, each takes incremental action and the team moves forward week by week. A BSC for every month enables overviews spanning 12 months. ABPLAN also lists its objectives concerning our combined project on your Balanced Scorecard. I become part of your team. Together we as a team move forward. The objectives are assignments. The BSC is a progress measurement tool. However, you need not use the Balanced Scorecard and there are onter means with which to measure progress.
ABPLAN uses an integrated transformational approach which involves every person. It enriches and stimulates personal learning and growth, team growth and company growth.
9. What does a programme cost?
It depends on the programme and on a number of variables.
I need to firstly meet with a prospective client and establish the needs and problems of the principals. Even more importantly, we need to establish exactly what it is that you wish to achieve and also to access your mindset and abilities. Do you think you and your team could achieve it?
If it is important to you to achieve your goals it would be worth the effort and my fees. The value of the outcomes will usually overshadow my fees by a factor of five, at least - provided your are also able to put in the needed extra effort and do so without fail.
Last modified: 15-04-2013